Lifetime Workmanship Prorated Warranty
The Plain Truth About Warranties
Let’s face it: if we were perfect, and if there was never a glitch with the parts we purchased from the parts manufacturers, dealers, and other suppliers, there would be no need for warranties.
Unfortunately, the last time I checked, we’re still only human beings – being human. That means we might occasionally make a mistake. Also, human beings make the parts we purchase and install in your vehicle, and parts are susceptible to possible defects.
Therefore, the primary purpose of our warranties is to provide you with peace of mind, and that comes from knowing that in the unlikely event something goes wrong with the work we perform, we have your back. We’ll make things right for you.
That means something different for everyone. People have different needs and wants when it comes to warranties. Like insurance, warranties are risk versus reward propositions, and there’s always a cost associated with covering risk.
Regardless of what any shop tells you, long-term, nationwide warranties are riskier than shorter, local-area warranties. The shops offering these longer, broader warranties cover their financial risk exposure within the prices they charge you.
But is it fair to charge you the same “premium prices” as everyone else without regard to the warranty coverage you may or may not need?
- If you travel far and wide, coast-to-coast, you may want nationwide warranty protection.
- Why pay extra for nationwide coverage if you never go more than a couple hundred miles from the local area? It doesn’t make financial sense.
- Long-term coverage may suit your needs if you plan to keep your vehicle for many more years.
- If you plan to sell or trade your vehicle soon, paying extra for long-term coverage isn’t financially wise or necessary.
- If you drive thousands of miles every month, high-mileage coverage could be of value to you.
- If you drive very few miles, high mileage limits won’t make financial sense for you.
So, when it comes to warranty coverage, one size doesn’t fit all. That’s why we offer our “Build Your Own” flexible warranty programs and are completely transparent about the coverage and costs.
It’s like the Liberty Mutual TV commercial says – “You only pay for what you need.”
Here’s how it works.
- Our repairs come with a 12-month or 12,000-mile, whichever comes first, warranty on parts and labor. Covered warranty repairs will be performed at our shop. *
- If you travel vast distances, you can upgrade to nationwide coverage. In this case, for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first, if something goes wrong with our work or the parts we installed, we’ll pay for repairs at a nearby, approved repair shop wherever you are in the USA.
- Suppose you plan to keep your vehicle for many more years. In that case, you can upgrade to our Lifetime, Nationwide, Prorated Workmanship Warranty. After the initial 12-month or 12,000-mile, parts and labor warranty expires, by either time or mileage, on a prorated basis, we will still provide warranty coverage on our workmanship for as long as you own your vehicle.
- You can even add coverage on electrical components – whether we replaced them or not.
* Many repairs come with additional warranties provided by our suppliers and are nationwide for up to 3 Years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, under their separate warranty agreements.
Visit our shop for all the details and costs of our various warranty options. There’s sure to be one that perfectly matches your needs and budget.