Battery & Charging System Testing & Replacement
Whether you’re driving a small personal vehicle like a KIA, a big rig like a tractor-trailer, box truck, or cargo van, or anything in between like an SUV, pickup truck, or motorhome, Southwest Truck and RV in Prescott Valley, Arizona is the place to go for battery and charging system issues.
Your vehicle’s battery is a crucial component, intricately connected to two larger systems: the starting system and the charging system. These systems work harmoniously to power your vehicle. The primary function of the car battery is to provide the necessary power to start your vehicle and keep it running, while the other two systems collaborate to distribute this energy to various essential elements throughout your car. Additionally, the battery stores power generated by the alternator and operates secondary electrical systems, such as lights, radio, power seats, power windows, and other electric components.
Signs your vehicle may need battery or charging system service:
- The engine is hard to start
- Your ALT or CHARGE dashboard indicator light comes on
- The vehicle headlights suddenly go dim
- There is a strange smell, similar to rotten eggs, when the vehicle is running
- The vehicle makes a rapid clicking noise when started
- You notice issues with certain electrical components like power windows, locks, dashboard lights, or the radio
Why Battery Service Is Important:
- No one wants to be stranded in a dead vehicle.
- It is crucial to bring your car, truck, SUV, Rec V or Big Rig to Southwest Truck and RV for charging system check as soon as you notice any of the issues mentioned above to avoid an unexpected dead battery.
- A diagnostic check can help determine if the problem lies with the battery or if there’s something else affecting the vehicle’s starting or charging system.
- Typically, vehicle batteries need replacement every 3-5 years. In Arizona, because of our high summertime temps, it’s far more frequent – as often as every 2 years.
- At Southwest Truck and RV, we can check your battery to verify its cranking power. If a replacement is needed, we can assist with that as well.
If you require vehicle battery service, starting system service, or charging system service in the Quad Cities and beyond, don’t hesitate to stop in and see us today at Southwest Truck and RV in Prescott Valley, Arizona!
Southwest Truck and RV is the choice of residents of the Quad Cities of Prescott Valley, Dewey/Humbolt, Chino Valley, and Prescott. However, many Southwest Truck and RV customers travel longer distances to get the Right Job, Done Right, at the Right Price. We have folks from the north as far away as Ash Fork, Paulden, Williamson, Sedona, Jerome, Cottonwood, and Verde Valley. Others travel from the Southwest from places like Bagdad, Yarnell, and Congress. Still others make the trek from the Southeast – places like Mayer, Cordes Lakes, Black Canyon City, and even as far as Anthem.
Our customers know that we mean it when we say Gas or Diesel – KIAs to KENWORTHS – We’ll Keep You Rolling with the Right Job, Done Right, at the Right Price.